Syndr78
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 336966
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
You are ASSUMING that a bigger intercooler will give you cooler air first off. And you are also assuming that cooler air is better for longevity. Those are two assumptions. If you were REALLY concerned about longevity, you'd have already installed an oil bypass unit on your car, but you don't have one do you? Pick your battles. It is 99.86% likely you will sell or wreck your car within 3 years, so why put the lotion in the basket over this or any longevity issue? Why am I coming at you like this?

I have owned my Subaru since 2003.
I have 165,000 miles on the odometer.
I have double stock horsepower.
I pour Walmart oil in my car and my oil filter costs $1.88.

Pouring money into "longevity aids" is like shaking hands with the unemployed. My thoughts, my opinion, your mileage may vary, void in Canada, come at me bro.
Ha! Point well taken, and I have treated many cars (and my current toy 4x4) with your philosophy. I guess I'm still in the early obsessed/infatuated stage with the Subaru. Kinda like a new girlfriend--at first, you'd do anything for her, but as the mileage racks up, and the newness wears off, she's just transportation with a little fun here and there.

I didn't assume that bigger = cooler = better longevity. I inquired if it makes sense. Had I assumed/decided those things, I would not have inquired--I would have bought one by now. IF indeed those assumptions are at least theoretically accurate (though not proven), then I would consider picking one up. I would guess that for those folks that intend to keep the car beyond the 3 years you suggested, they would consider an upgraded TMIC indeed for "insurance" and longevity...

Remember please, I'm new here and to Subaru. I am grateful for the dialog and replies from everyone so far.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Syndr78; 11-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Syndr78 is offline   Reply With Quote