scoobydrewbydoo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338236
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
02 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default my short story

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post/reply. I've been an ASE certified master tech for a few years now. I have rebuilt 3 1/2 air cooled porsche 911 engines and I'm in the process of rebuilding #2 &3 water cooled porsche engines. I bought an 02 wrx wagon (my favorite) off of craigslist for $2200. Yes, it was knocking, but besides some hail damage it was in really good condition. So, i pulled the engine and found the number 4 connecting rod bearing had spun. This car has 173k on the original engine, so i guess it was about due. It had wiped out the crankshaft, so i bought a brand new one from the local dealer along with one connecting rod. I have no plans on building lots of horsepower, so the stock will do. Had the connecting rods sized and will be balancing the pistons and then the assemblies. I have ported and polished the turbo, turbine and compressor side, will be pnp-ing the heads, intake, tumble flap housings, exhaust pipes, throttle body, and anything else that looks like it needs it. I want to do this once, and so any advice on fault proofing would be appreciated. I will post updates on progress and how its doing after.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scoobydrewbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote