Scooby Newbie

Member#: 229802
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STI
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ffr1846 View Post
Having the dealer 8 miles away will really help you a lot. When I had my 2 Audis, I only had about 12 miles and the dealer was pretty much on my way to work. Really worked great and the only drawback was when I'd get out of work, I would forget which A4 (or S4) was mine, because I drove loaner cars so much. Hopefully your R will be in the shop less than my S4 was (exactly 50% of the time I owned the car). What I don't quite understand is why anyone in Houston (or Florida or socal) would ever buy an AWD car. The hit on efficiency, power to the wheels and fuel mileage really makes you pay a premium for something that I always look at as a way to be able to get up my driveway in the winter. But...whatever. Tight hatches are certainly fun. I drove my son's CRX to work today and it's a blast to drive. Good luck with the car. Post a picture when you pick it up.....or maybe pics of the loaner cars.
Have you seen the rain we get in Fla during the summers? During monsoon season the roads are like driving on ice. The freeways are especially treacherous. Even front wheel drive cars are skittish and subject to Hydro plane. So there is plenty of reason to own an AWD car down here. And let me tell you there is not a rainy day in Fla that i dont thank the car gods for my AWD STI. The AWD takes the stress out of having to worry about my car along with the other geniuses on the road.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.