Thread: Teh XXR thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #5344
clontz_wi64
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338150

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwaktastiK View Post
You need an alignment. That's a much wider wheel and slightly larger tire than stock. Plus the offset is more aggressive. Any plans on suspension work?
I threw my 18x9 +38 wheels on my car (245/40/18 tires) and was blown away at how much poke they had on stock suspensions.
Take your car to the best alignment shop around and ask for max neg. camber up front and try and match the rears.

I upgraded my suspension to the RCE blacks & Bilstein shocks/struts. Also added RCE camber plates up front to dial in more camber & caster. Proper alignment will help a lot.
Yea I figured that out after I done ordered them.... But i'm going to run a cheaper coilover and roll my rear fenders, they are +35 but after sleeping on it they will look very flush after a roll and lowering it. Its just dramastic change on stock suspension. My buddy aligns cars and i'm going to help him and get the most camber out of the bottom of the strut and keep it close to a "good" aligment close to specs, then I may order some strut plates for up front. I did throw a level to both sides and the front that have some poke are a little +camber so its going to work out just fine. Thanks for the help, i'm new member and try to post some good photos later in this thread after i'm able too. I'm a 8 year member on Carolinahondas.com. And 3 year on Vadriven.com. but that last forum site has went to ****. So thanks again!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
clontz_wi64 is offline   Reply With Quote