Vendor Sales Rating: (208)

Member#: 136396
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teiva-boy View Post
Cobb Tuning - Catted down pipe, argued to be one of the best catted units out there, $595.

Daddy's SCP (MadDad)
$549 - Bellmouth with cat
$579 - Divorced Wastegate (v2) with cat

$500 for an uncatted downpipe? Something is not right. Did I time warp back to 2002, when all you could get were Vishnu/TurboXS/JDM pipes for $500-$800?

I'm all for a sexy pipe, and your unit is damn fine. But that price needs a market adjustment, or your manufacturing costs have to come down. e.g. the flange if laser cut is just fine if it seals flat vs a "cnc cut," unit.

I appreciate your concern and feedback. Other than the fact that we went top quality on all of the finishes(complete CNC milled flanges with contour, brushed finish piping, etc) the biggest thing at play here for our costs is simply the fact that our downpipe is completely made in the USA(something you generally, as a rule, can't say for most "top quality" pipes out there...at least as far as I have found in my research).

Basically we are taking the chance that the Subaru guys as a whole will support an American made pipe and the costs associated. We could at some point add a "still made in the USA" pipe but cut back on some of the things like you described which could bring the price down.

Justin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| AIM: GrimmSpd | Phone: 612-379-0000
Email:

|