Member#: 280582
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i premium
ssm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX

Like I said.. MUCH brighter..

It is the lumens that determin brightness. The 3200k, etc is the color only. 2099 lumens is way brighter than 1345 lumens.

4200k is a little bit more on the blue side compared to 3200k but it isn't that much of a difference. Lights that are tinted more toward blue might be perceived to be brighter by some people, but that's just because most people's eyes are more sensitive to blue light compared to yellow light. It's not going to overcome the difference between 754 lumens though.

I have a flashlight that's about 750 lumens and it lights up an entire field all by itself.. 750 lumens is a lot of light. It's a massive difference between those two light bulbs.
So then why do the tinted shine better on a wet or snow covered road. I know I couldnt see **** in the rain with a standard but with the higher color I can. So wouldnt that be better. Sorry for sounding stupid. Just never got this into on headlights and thanks for the help. Makes sense now u want more lumens but isn't a high color temp better too
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
krzywhtboi82 is offline   Reply With Quote