Scooby Newbie

Member#: 218655
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1013 Legacy/STI
SWP/PBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post

The dealer manual says to keep it under 4k varying the RPMs until 1k miles. Not sure why there are mixed beliefs.
Because the dealer doesn't get paid much for warranty work. They would want you to baby it so they don't have to fix anything that goes bad. And where do they get this do called dealer manual?

Say you go And drive it like you stole it, and nothing goes wrong: everything sets right. If anything goes wrong dealer fixes it. Great end of story, happy owner.

Now u baby the car and the moment you drive it like you should, some thing goes wrong cause something didn't seat properly, and its now it acts up after 36k. Now it's your problem.

I refuse to believe that Subaru nor any other car company doesn't test these engines and QA's them before putting them in vehicles.

Just my .02 cents, like many already said there are many factors to this, but bottom line is its up the the owner.

Got my vin, eta, and just waiting for the car. Having the eta is worse than not knowing when it will come! Now im counting down the minutes till the eta!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hangmanfsc is offline   Reply With Quote