zachd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267575
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2008 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluiten View Post
If you like the car so much, just keep it and buy a first gen forester for off-road and camping. That's what I do. They are cheap and will run forever for about $1500-3500.

Why get a new car and assume more debt load?
That's the thing of it...I have had my fun with the car and am not opposed to moving on and getting something more versatile (and new). I hardly drive it, there's no real sense to me in keeping something that doesn't get used. I already have a beater that I could, if I really wanted to, take off road...but wouldn't give me anything near the satisfaction/versatility of having a crossover. Yes, I could sell it for an older forester and keep the STi, but I commute 220 miles/day for work...and the 34mpg it gives me is satisfying.

I guess at the end of the day when push comes to shove...I'm ready to move on and let someone else enjoy my project. I owe far less on it than what it would sell for, and I already checked into insurance rates, which would decrease attractively. Not to mention after a down payment, I would be close to, if not at the same monthly payment as I am now. So more debt load is not in question.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
zachd is offline   Reply With Quote