Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #435
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Here is a pic illustrating the track width difference with the 10mm wheel spacers. Part of the reason for utilizing the spacers was I was getting a slight amount of rubbing in the front under compression and turning (slightly rubbing in the front inboard on the fender well right under where the oem airbox installs). Obviously, any rubbing is unacceptable, I am hoping this will be a cheap solution to the problem while I save to have the front wheel wells tubbed. Tubbing the front is the better solution, as you can substantially increase clearance both inboard and under compression, and while it would have been relatively simple to do prior, it is not in the budget at this time. I will be incorporating this into the budget at the earlliest opportunity, but I need to get this car back on the road. The increase in track width makes the fenders look back to like they were prior to pulling the fenders. Substantial increase in track width, keeps the scrub radius within reason, and will reduce rubbing under compression in the front, and help fill out those fender flares. The car is currently at the body shop getting cut up and painted, but upon return I will be removing the front springs and jacking the car through its suspension travel to ensure there is no rubbing of the tire under any conditions. There are other band aids that can be done right now instead of tubbing, caster can be adjusted, etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by soccer05; 11-21-2012 at 12:35 PM.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote