Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Just to nail in the point.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=26612

Key point from the interview with the chief engineer of the GT-86/FR-S/BRZ:

Quote:
Where he and Nissan's Mizuno do share a similar passion is in the quest to make their respective cars better. Discussing a wish to introduce rolling updates Tada asks me how the GT86 might be improved. I say a more natural and exciting engine noise would help. He nods and lets out a prolonged "Aaaah..." in response. Perhaps less weight, I venture.

Again a nod. "I have a prototype 86 that weighs 100kg less," he says, teasingly, before a prolonged monologue about how he's apparently against the idea of turbocharging (more weight, dulled response) and anyone who says the 86 is too slow "does not understand the concept." So that's you told.

Given that he apparently fought hard to maintain the purity of the design, including the narrow Prius tyres, how does he feel about people then 'upgrading' to fat rubber and bigger rims? Again that nervous chuckle. "You could ask 100 different people what they want and you'd get 100 different answers," he says. "The 86 is simple so people can make it into what they want." A blank canvas then.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote