Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324849
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The D7000 is a crop sensor. 35mm is normal. If you want wide you need more like 17mm.
Yeah I should have mentioned I also have a 10-20 that I use for most wide shots (and steel wool shots.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red. View Post
Depends on what you shoot and what style you like. For most of my photos the longest lens I use is my 50/1.4. I love it. I get delicious results almost every time. Other than that I use the 10-20 - I just wish it went below f/4. I have a love/hate relationship with that lens. Next on my list is a 24-70/2.8 b/c I'm tired of swapping out lenses so much, particularly at car shows. For car shows, landscapes/cityscapes, and most of my night photography I use the 10-20. for picking out details in a setting and some portrait stuff I use the 50/1.4 or the 28/1.8.

And, yes, I love the steel wool. Really lights up the night. Just be careful you don't set your surroundings on fire. Happened to a friend of mine.
Yeah I used my 10-20 a lot over the years and I really liked it but it seems like it is not an all around lens or something that I enjoy KEEPING on my camera, otherwise it is a really fun lens. However I would be mostly shooting cars and sometimes objects or landscapes so the 35mm almost sounds best, but the compression of the 85 I think would be awesome to have.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
happycorey is offline   Reply With Quote