ERL2011wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268931
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
ice silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
d0000000000000d....is the oil level in the crankcase ok???

that is the pcv valve hose...ya worried about nuffin

yes = fergetaboutit

no = ya likely need a bit heavier oil in it
Oil level is good, car rarely needs oil added between changes. I'm using German Castrol so all should be good in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
Well, it's being pushed out due to blowby, the natural occurance in a turbocharged engine when boost seeps past the piston rings during your engine building/ sustaining boost and therefore creates positive crankcase pressure instead of vacuum.

Due to the style of those hoses and clamps, it's possible for a slight amount of oil to seep, not leak, from those lines. Without completely secure connections with o-rings, or the use of screw type clamps, the compression of those lines at time is compromised in the slightest fashion by the blowby.

It is nothing to loose sleep over or freak out about. You can change all of your squeeze style clamps on your breather hoses to a screw style. But you may still achieve the same result due to the multiple connections of hoses and components. An AN style breather hose would be less susceptible to this seepage, but again, it is not of major concern since the oil seepage is not a large detrimental amount at all.
Thanks for the information. I cleaned them off and will keep an eye on it to see if it becomes more of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleiadesSTi View Post
Get a Moroso AOS and call it a day.
I'm currently doing some research on getting an AOS to prevent any issues down the road.

Car is protuned, I data log it every few weeks and everything looks good to date.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ERL2011wrx is offline   Reply With Quote