Scooby Newbie

Member#: 110270
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
WR BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post

Legacy GT, you missed the most important dimension to me. Rear leg room is 2 inches bigger in the Golf. For a rear facing child seat that is huge! And the 15" difference must between the sedan and the hatch, because no way a WRX hatch is 15" longer than the Golf R.

Happy motoring folks...
since there is more leg room in the front of a wrx (2") than the golf, you can adjust the rear leg room.

i have 2 child seats in the back of my wrx, which i used to have the baby carrier until my kid grew out of it and it fits them just fine. so there isn't a clear advantage for either car.

i have the sedan and it is 15" longer than the golf r. next to my friend's gti, the gti looks very stubby. my friends ford fiesta is about the same length as the gti (maybe a few inches shorter) that's why i made the comparison.

and you also may have missed my point, my friend matt didn't feel like he needed to trade in his 11 gti for a 36k golf r. the interior, engine performance, overall upgrades didn't seem to justify it.

you made some points on the practical aspects (gas mileage/interior specs/exterior) of the golf r to the wrx/sti and i wanted to just point out the wrx can match in a lot of ways.

but you made the choice and if you are happy, that's all that matters. i still love my passat and think the design of old is way better than today (more euro)....gotta get my seats fixed but parts are expensive.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.