Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232668
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
'11 Sti Limited
Matte White

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Duderino-22 View Post
Once again, nice work, Beach! It's encouraging to me seeing the amazing results you've achieved even though you're new to wrapping!
I apreciate the kind words my friend! Gracias hombre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottoro View Post
how did you manage to get the hood wrapped?
i have attempted 4 times.
windshield side squeegee down- failed
driver side across - failed
secure the middle first and work the sides - failed
split it into 4 quarters - failed

it just gets me a huge bulge of excess wrap which ends up folding up.

im pretty much stumped and wasted alot of wrap.
I'm sorry to hear about your not very successful attempts Tottoro... The hood looks easier than it really is. The hood scoop raises so much that I can totally visualize what has happened with each of your diff plans of attack. The hood was the third thing i had wrapped (I think ) after the mirrors and front fenders. I suggest you practice on other parts of your vehicle and then make your way back to the hood so that you have more time to experience how the material behaves etc etc. Wasting that much material sure does get pricey! Unfortunately the only way I can think of helping you would be to say that I split the hood in half, worked the top quarter (windshield side), then went to the other side and did that top quarter, then worked the rest of the hood down from there. Let me know how it goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.K.S. View Post
Which bulbs are those? and did you use a flasher relay or solder in a resistor?
They are 6k Switchback LED's from www.vleds.com... and I used the resistors they carry. Very easy install and much better than the plug-in garbage from fastwrx.com! When you lock or unlock the car it works and beeps just as it should!

I forgot to post up a few pics of the underside of the spoiler I had wrapped in Satin Black on the RSX aswell..:

-Beach
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BeachZone is offline   Reply With Quote