Scooby Newbie

Member#: 184242
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STi
51E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheid View Post
Seems like we're on the same page. I've been waiting for well over a year for them to release a TS 6758 after seeing the part numbers listed for it. I'm sure a SS 7163 would do the job but really a bit more than I want or need.

I'm ever hopeful that BW will realize that there is a demand for TS B1 turbos and bring them to market sooner rather than later.
That's cool, I'm glad not an island of 1 as is usual...perhaps we are an island of 2.
Hopefully, we can find a real concise answer, soon.
I've thought about finding out a way of adapting the Garrett GT28 TS T3 Flange housing. Would require some machine work and a spacer to get it to sit over the wheel properly. However, by the time that was done and an EWG were purchased and fabbed, it would cost almost exactly the same as the Litchfield/Turbo Dynamics TS turbos. Although, one of those with a GTX wheel would be nice. In fact, when they were developed, I believe they were best smaller turbos for a Subie that one could hope to buy. That was before the EFR series. Development for the Litchfield stuff began in '08 I believe.
From what I understand, BW has always planned to expand the EFR series and provide options as time goes on. I'm surprised that the EFR7163 has come along so soon. It is VERY nice. A little bigger than I need, as well. The 6758 was about my limit, but the SS Housing is too small for the 2.5L above 6000rpm. The SS EFR7163 sounds pretty good from the couple of things I've seen so far. I'll find the turbine and compressor maps interesting when made available to the public.
My prediction is that on the 2.5L those pushing the limit of the compressor will benefit from the TS Housing and those aiming for 475- 525 HP at the crank will be best suited with one of the SS housings, if they have two sizes of those. It will probably be their most popular turbo and would justify the development of more housing options than we currently see.
I almost expect if the Indy series drops the 6758, then it will be discontinued. Just pure speculation. Probably pure BS. Don't get riled up.
Leave that to me.
Hopefully, more transparency will develop. I feel we are getting the hears what we have bit, and I'm OK love what I see, but don't see exactly what I need. What else are we getting and when?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
crobin4 is offline   Reply With Quote