stuntwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 302122
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Black

Default Had the 0011 & 0021 come up

Ive been on suicide watch and have spent hours the past two days reading every thread/post regarding this issue. It makes me sick to my stomach..... I absolutely love my car and to see all this banjo bolt related turbo/engine failure. Ugh!!! I am pissed I had not noticed this issue earlier so I could have done some pre-emptive maintenance.

I have a 2008 5 dr WRX with 57408 on the odometer. Let me start by saying I bought the car with 44500 last september (2011). It has a Perrin CAI and I dont believe anything else. The previous owner pulled the can off the back and I liked the exhaust note so I have been procrastinating getting the new canister back on.

So I have been using Mobil 1 syn 5w-30 and have had four oil changes since I bought the car. Just did an oil/filter change Weds. Checked all fluids and everything was normal. Within 20 miles throw the codes 0011 0021. I reset them and start reading the banjo bolt avcs oil filter threads and decide rather than pulling them I will take car to dealer after the holiday weekend. So as I was on my way home from work at red lights I noticed white smoke when slightly bump revving the engine from idle into boost 0-3psi also it had a sweet smell to indicate coolant with a hint of rubber so it was confusing. I got home to discover the coolant resivor level was low but I had fluid under both pressure caps. I am flipping out now because I cant afford to rebuild a turbo let alone an engine. I scared SOA will not honor powertrain warranty and I am preparing to quick sell my motorcycle to cover at least the cost of a turbo replacement. It sucks I discover this on way home from work since I work right next to my local subie dealer. I am hoping they will honor a tow and loaner out of warranty but anxiety ridden that SOA wont honor it.

Any thoughts would be much apr.

I will keep you all posted - should have the car towed into dealership tomorrow. Fingerscrossed and Ive become religious today - looking for a miracle.

PS - As a contingency I was considering MAYBE a BRZ and trading this one in to get away from turbo oiling issues ... Then I see they are having different issues with that car as well. WTF?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stuntwrx is offline   Reply With Quote