Thread: ('11-'14) Ordering Impreza 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #280
rb64
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324379

Start of my 16th week since placing order, Premium, 5sp, Hatchback, no options. I've been in contact with my dealer and SOA, pleasantly probing as to what specifically is happening with my order. I've called and emailed, and this is the most specific information I have gotten so far, although it doesn't tell me much.
From SOA: Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America, Inc. and for your order of a Dark Gray Metallic 2013 Impreza 2.0i Premium 5-door with manual transmission.

Your order has been received. You are correct that the ETA is showing as On Hold. Even with orders that are On Hold, the orders are still received and the vehicles are being built. I have set a follow-up for next Friday, the 7th to check on your order. I will be back in touch again on that day.

The supply of 2013 Impreza, WRX and WRX STI models is low. The demand is high. Subaru dealers are allocated specific amounts of 2013 Impreza, WRX and WRX STI models. If a dealer has received their allotment of 2013 Impreza, WRX and WRX STI models and place additional orders, the orders above their current allocation are put On Hold. Once the dealer is allocated more Impreza, WRX and WRX STI models, the On Hold orders are removed from the On Hold status.

Thank you for your feedback on this situation. Your message has been documented in our Customer/Dealer Services database. This will allow for your message to be properly reviewed, tracked and considered by our Sales and Marketing Departments. Subaru is always striving to improve as an organization and appreciates when our customers bring their experiences and concerns to our attention.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. I will be back in touch again next Friday, Richard.
I'm calling SOA this morning to clarify the "allocation" and "hold" situation, since my understanding from the dealer was that my order was put in at the top of the list because the 2012 I ordered was a problem.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rb64 is offline   Reply With Quote