TripleEight
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338168
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
CGM

Success!!!!!!!

I was able to read from ECU in ECU flash 1.28. Made a copy of the file and turned off my secondary air injection codes with RomRaider. And I was able to write to ECU! I used Windows Vista 64 bit. Yay, no more CEL, and I can use my cruise control now.

I wasnt able to use the VAG-COM program that was on the CD. VCDS-lite may have worked but I didnt even try it.

I had trouble with the silver cable at one point so I gave up on it and started using a blue cable. The blue one appears to have a different looking chip in it, and it had a blue LED that lit up when plugged into the car. The silver cable had a red LED that lit up at all times when plugged into the computer. Also, the silver cable came with drivers that appeared to be different. The drivers for the blue cable appeared to be pretty much the same as the ones on the FTDIchip site.

I followed soberpoet's directions almost exactly. THANK YOU soberpoet!!!

Tip: In device manager, set bits per second to 4800. Also, run all of the programs as administrator. I ran EcuFlash in compatability mode for XP. Not sure if that was needed but it did work so I didnt even try it without doing that.

For reference-
Driver Provider:FTDI
Driver Version: 2.8.24.0
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TripleEight is offline   Reply With Quote