View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 83986
Chapter/Region: NESIC
2013 WRX Hatch

Originally Posted by Snowphun View Post
If you are in need of a replacement car *today*, you really should be buying off the lot. Anything a dealer tells you about when a car will arrive should not be taken too seriously, and you could be in for delays for days or weeks. You can buy through Costco's car program and get a very solid price from in stock inventory.

BTW, good work with the MY02, I'm trying to buy a MY03 with 196k right now. What finished yours off?
Fender-bender on an off ramp. Thing ran like a tank. Never had a problem with it. Couple of sets of tires, couple of timing belts, new clutch, breaks and oil.. All standard maintenance stuff... Damage was ~$4000 (mostly cosmetic, a new radiator, hood and AC unit) which was more than I wanted to put into it. I was trying to hold off for a 2014... I want to see that secret electric-turbo rumor and the redesign.

Anyway thanks for the post. I suppose it's my own fault for buying an in-transit car- I don't really "need" it for I can work from home for a while. But I really wanted "white" and since I'm probably going to driving this for 10 years, did not want to settle for black/silver.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote