*** Banned ***

Member#: 328794
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
Ice Silver Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I don't remember off hand. I know that heat shield is there, but I'm not sure if it has to be removed. Even if it does need to be removed, I think you can get it off by unplugging the O2 sensor, and not removing it.
the issue i had besides being on my back was that you can't just remove it w/o breaking off the zip tie that holds it done to the _________..... -whatever it's secured to.

so trying to unscrew the o2 sensor without unplugging it and / or removing the heat shield may or may not be advantageous

i did my SS and bushings w/o removing the o2 sensor. but i did remove the heat shield bolts which allowed me to just move it around while i did the rear bushing.

*going off memory here so bear with me. -and i was on my back with the car on ramps.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2417067

^ that ^ was my cry for help. but i got it done.

CLIFF NOTES: just take the heat shield bolts off so you can move it out of the way. you do NOT need to remove the o2 sensor, but it will make your life easier. I have zip ties so when i did my down pipe, it was no big deal. that harness is way too close to the drive shaft to leave unsecured IMO.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ChesterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote