Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37042
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2014 Forester 2.0 XT
Marine Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Beach Bum View Post
Your grammar, punctuation and spelling are well above the average poster's and I suspect your written communication skills are important in your job. Instead of "low" in the highlighted phrase, you probably meant to use "lo" which means "look!" or "see!" and connotes an element of surprise. It's the type of mistake that spell-checkers probably won't catch. The phrase "lo and behold" probably was derived from the King James bible's description of the first Christmas according to Luke: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...12&version=KJV.

Merry Christmas!
While it is important for me to be clear in my day to day professional communications, I find that taking pride in what you write is important, regardless of where it is written. Even so, I sometimes do still make mistakes. You are correct about the use of "lo" vs. "low". My fingers were phonetically typing the most common spelling at that moment even though my brain knows the difference in meaning. Thanks for the compliments though.

Back on topic...I'm looking forward to seeing the new incentives for December that I'll be able to take advantage of on the 2013 Forester I have on the way!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DTECH-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote