View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
c627627
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335668

...and I posted that I could not add it to cart and now it isn't even listed any more. So no, you cannot get it for $27 when he posted that and you cannot get it for $27 now.

I installed two of those, one in the pictured Toyota Camry, and one in the Subaru Baja. They both work great so I don't know why it's 'bleh' to go from: "cough up $150 to dealership" vs have nothing in the Subaru to actually being able to plug in a cell phone or a GPS in the Subaru on account of the $5 part I put in as pictured.

I pictured everything exactly as it should be connected and it works, I took pictures so that I have a reference if I ever have to do this again, there is nothing else to take a pictures of, it's a matter of where to connect the red and the black wires to and how.

Separately, for ten bucks (!) I got a Pyle 20 Feet 8 Gauge 1000 Watts Amp Kit on Amazon. The Kit is terrible for actual amp installs but I get everything I need for the cig lighter install, right?

In other words, can I use that amp kit and just connect the battery to existing Subaru Baja non-working cig lighter? The fuse comes with the kit, all I need is something to connect the amp kit wire from battery, right? The existing cig lighter does not work due to the way it was designed with fuse right on it, as I understand?

So why not take the amp kit wire, connect one end to battery, use the amp kit fuse, then simply connect the other end to any cig lighter socket? Can I sue the existing Subaru Baja cig lighter socket or do I have to get another one?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
c627627 is offline   Reply With Quote