Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueimp View Post
I ordered a DGM Sport 5sp on September 10th and was told that the car would be here in 6-8 weeks. I am now on week 11 and the car is still showing as "on hold" whatever that means. The dealer is now saying December, but they were also the ones that said 6-8 weeks. I emailed Subaru and they tried to give me an economics lesson about supply and demand and then told me the dealer had reached their allocation and never gave me any real answers of when my car would arrive. I am sick of the vague answers from my dealer and Subaru and I am seriously considering getting another car and it won't be a Subaru.
Subaru already admitted to massive delays earlier this month. (see cars101.com for the quote.) I'm not saying its fair to you or anyone else, but you're in for a wait if you don't find your car on the lot of ANY dealer. From my experience I'd expect you to get your vin within 1-3 weeks, and your car shortly after. I'd say you'll probably have it before Christmas. Hang in there if you can. I was VERY frustrated as well, and my persistence has paid off. I kept contacting the dealer, and/or SoA pretty much daily until I got a vin. In the meantime I also got SoA to agree to give me a $500 credit. I'd see if they can swing the same for you. It may not be worth it for everyone to put up with the wait on an order, but that is the current reality of ALL custom ordered Subarus right now.

Good luck to all still waiting!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote