Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post
Cutting and drilling always scares me too. Another benefit of having a body shop do the work is that if something goes wrong they have to fix it
The main priority with me is getting the most out of the parts that I have dumped money into. Bodywork is out of my league, and I wanted a clean, sanitary install, no ugly gaps or zip ties. The car has made some concessions to be a daily driver, and for me no beat up zip tied beast would be do. Additionally, it was my top priority to have maximum compression travel and maximum tire clearance for my future goals. While I have stayed on top and learned things from the body shop, sealing multiple panels for chassis rigidity and compression travel was beyond my abilities. I am looking at the body shop as an investment, now I know how to do the job properly for future installs (someday soon my lil ol 240 will be getting some flares to fit 275's). All about doing the job properly the first time, and now I have paid to get that knowledge for future builds, just like why I had gst do my fuel system, so I could learn new skills to put in my toolbox.

As of yesterday, my car should be going in for paint today!!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote