Thread: Lowell, MA Meet
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #2336
carryonplease
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 336231

hey all - I'm a Lowell resident - I don't have a wrx or impreza or anything cool and I've only been driving a manual for...4 days? But I'm just looking to meet some people in the area who know Subaru's in general pretty well...maybe I should post this somewhere else?

My family has owned soobies for years and I just bought my first one, a 97 outback limited (manual) (head gaskets and timing belt recently replaced) I don't think its been serviced otherwise in awhile (well according to the carfax) (but I'll probably be made fun of for checking that)

I was hoping to maybe throw someone a bit of cash to do a little run through of the car. We took it to our subaru mechanic in CT and he said it looked good and then I went to fill the gas tank on the way back up here and it leaked everywhere and now I need a new gas tank, thankfully he is doing it for free. So maybe he missed some other things.

also the shifter is this thing is ugly, clunky and awkward. solid investment to get something short throw maybe?

I'm not a big car guy but I know a pretty good amount about subarus and I read a lot of stuff haha.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
carryonplease is offline   Reply With Quote