Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311116
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpat View Post
A tune is not Needed for his car because it is a 02 03 wrx ONLY. But he can turn off the codes with a tactrix cable.

Like they said before. Check the easy cheap things.. clean the iacv air filter. Clean Maf. U swapped the tgv sensors or motor?
I do have a TurboXS UTEC for my tune, but I do not have a protune which I know would obviously be preferred. And I just swapped the sensor, because my code was for the sensor low input. If it was the motor I think there's a different code for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
you need a new front o2 sensor
A new front sensor? The code I'm throwing is for the rear sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvallisbattery View Post
Yep. Get a log or do a live read and observe O2 sensor voltage. Also look at short term fuel trim. That will shed more light on the O2 and be a good starting point for looking for leaks. Between your stft being + or - that will tell you a ton of info
I tried getting some datalogs in tonight, but I messed up and the logs didn't save. What is the O2 sensor voltage supposed to be at? My buddy that was with me said it was less than a volt, sometimes around .1 to .2.

I guess I'm not too familiar with short term fuel trim, but I know the A/F ratio was sometimes registering as "RICH" under boost, but my buddy said it also went lean (sometimes close to 20:1) for a split second when I let off of the throttle.

As for boost leaks, I don't think that is it, as I have checked around on connections and haven't noticed a drop in boost. Actually, I recently had to turn my boost down since it's gotten colder as I was getting boost spike and my boost gauge was showing a good 4 psi higher than normal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scoobnlude is offline   Reply With Quote