fredzy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 317270
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
14 CX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
Shame that diesel is $.90/gallon more expensive than regular now. With everyone and their mom getting 35mpg with 180hp 4cyls and 6ATs, the high fuel cost eats up almost all efficiency savings.
I'm a little worried about the price gap growing. It's as much as $0.50 for me in PA. The biggest I've ever seen was $1 back in 2007, $4/gal for reg, $5/gal for diesel.

Even if I start breaking even, my 140hp 240ft-lb beats the tar out of the "eco" gassers. It's more fun than it has any right to be. The bigger 4-cyls never touch my mileage unless you legit hypermile and the little 4-cyls are severe dogs. They're all insufferable. I've driven them all, too many rental cars. I have nightmares of these soulless, bland Americars sawing away at my sanity as they aimlessly hunt for gears in a never-ending waltz of slushy groaning and point A to B.. transit. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Fwiw the ~120hp diesels in Europe are dogs too and not so fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblacha View Post
Can anyone change the thread title? The wagon is not "For US."
Yea, it got me about 3 times now. Like, it IS coming!? Oh yea, no. Mazda is taking orders on the gas 6, I figure in a few months they'll be taking them on the diesel, and I've given my old lady the green light on it. She's pumped. But they better not announce the wagon for the next MY after we take delivery of a sedan. I'll go into a coma.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote