Kijho
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311882
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
1995 GC8 STI
White

Sooo......

Cleaned it pretty well, I used about 40 Qtips and brake cleaner, I would slowly pull the green "valve" part so it was fully closed, in behind it was a lot of black gunk, so I got everything off gently especially near the edges where the valve seemed to meet with the casing.

Then took out the small 1 way valve and gently cleaned the front and back of it. The rings were all in great shape, what you'd expected from a car with only 50K on it.

Couldn't do much about the black "ring" behind the "wheel" on the valve above. Didn't want to mess it up or anything.

Then, fired up. It's about -14celcius out and the car has sat for approx 15 hours overnight in the (non heated) garage.
Ticks 6 seconds in.

To update what I've DONE in hopes of fixing this problem:
I've done:
Coilpack conversion (Many months ago when I first got the car, went smoothly)
Sparkplugs (Vex Performance did this few months ago while doing valve cover gaskets)
Oil change (Within 1000km's)
MAF clean / Checked
Airbox filter clean / checked

Injectors (Not "brand new" injectors, but "newer" injectors from a friend's ride)

IACV Cleaned (Used Brake Cleaner / Gasoline with Qtips to gently scrub gunk out. It WAS pretty dirty, spent about an hour cleaning it, also cleaned the 1 way valve ring, opening to the throttle body where the valve sits, and the lines coming from the IACV itself with qtips)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kijho is offline   Reply With Quote