Evil Imports
Scooby Guru

Member#: 14732
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
+ 13 B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaScooby View Post
no, it actually doesnt, that is a joke. If you read earlier he got "offered" 24k trade in if it was stock. 19k is a joke, they are going to turn around and put a 27k price tag on it, then sell it for 25k. I traded my 08 Sti that wasn't stock nor as modded as his and got a 03 corvette Z06 and 2k cash in my hand....I basically got 22k for my car based on my deal, and my car had a busted-ish front bumper that barely was hanging on (got damaged when delivering the car to the dealer haha oops) and had more miles then Zach's and less mods. I could have held out for 24ish but for some dumb reason I rushed things, and still got a decent deal.

I am confident Zach will at least happy in the end with whatever deal he goes with, but 19k is a joke. He is in a hard/unique situation with a fully built "newer" car.
Most dealers will say "we would have gave you XXX amount if it was stock" because they know you aren't going to put it back to stock, I don't believe any dealer would give 24k for a stock 08 sti since 90% of people bought them for 28k NEW in 08. Honestly, 19k for a 08 sti on trade isn't that bad, since you can find 08s for about 21-22k obo, He has to just wait for someone who wants what he has, maybe he will get close to what he is asking, but when you mod a car that much, you can't look at it like you are going to get anywhere near that back, unless you find someone who wants just what you have,

You say you got a good deal with your car, and in your eyes i am sure you did, but i bet the dealer didn't have more then 10k into the z06 you got for your sti. Not that its a bad thing, as if you are happy with how the deal went then that is all that matters.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Evil Imports is offline   Reply With Quote