Thread: ('11-'14) Impreza Burning Oil Quickly?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #296
vwgti123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
They won't replace the engine.

For precedent when there was an issue with forester engines a couple of years ago, that came from the factory with misbored valve guides, the recall fix was to rebuild the heads.

There is no way they will replace the engine, much less the entire car, when they can more cheaply fix the issue.

Of course first they need to admit it is a recall issue and figure out why some cars are consuming oil so they can implement a fix.

So if you have a car consuming oil, keep it filled so the rest of your engine is ok if they come through and replace the compression rings or whatever they determine needs to be fixed.
I am just trying to help. If you have repeated problems for the same issue and if the car is in the shop for x amount of days.. the car may qualify for lemon law. I went through situation with my 2008 VWGTI - my clutch kept sticking to the floor, after several attempts to fix, they realized that there was something wrong with the throw out bearing which did something to the block - resulting in them saying they had to replace the engine. I called VW of America and flipped, told them I dont want a new car under warranty with a new engine, would kill the resale value, long story short they opened up a case file, and a rep/mediator from VW wanted to resolve the situation and the resolution was they found me a 2010 car, same color options and I had to fork out 1500 dollars for depreciation, but that means i used my car for almost 2 years for about 90 bucks a month. I jumped on the resolution. Hope this helps. I guess I am saying dont settle. Once again, this is just what I would do, It is your car, good luck with whatever you decide. But, I personally would never buy a used car that had the engine replaced, and an engine replacement will show on a car fax report. Good Luck
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote