Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8580
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
Subaru already admitted to massive delays earlier this month. (see cars101.com for the quote.) I'm not saying its fair to you or anyone else, but you're in for a wait if you don't find your car on the lot of ANY dealer. From my experience I'd expect you to get your vin within 1-3 weeks, and your car shortly after. I'd say you'll probably have it before Christmas. Hang in there if you can. I was VERY frustrated as well, and my persistence has paid off. I kept contacting the dealer, and/or SoA pretty much daily until I got a vin. In the meantime I also got SoA to agree to give me a $500 credit. I'd see if they can swing the same for you. It may not be worth it for everyone to put up with the wait on an order, but that is the current reality of ALL custom ordered Subarus right now.

Good luck to all still waiting!
I am going on almost 12 weeks and still have not received the VIN.

I have inquired about the $500 of accessories and Subaru has not committed to anything. When I asked about it they said:

"When you take delivery of your WRX, we can certainly discuss offering you a goodwill gesture for the amount of time that it took to deliver your WRX to your dealer. We do not make such offers until the vehicle is purchased in order to know the full extent of the delivery time frame. We will make you some offer though"

I didn't order a WRX, but that is beside the point.

The problem is they can't even tell me if it is going to come in December. If it isn't going to come in December I need to buy a different car. I am driving a 94 Camaro (ha ha) since I sold my STI and I live in Utah. Obviously RWD and snow don't mix. I feel like I am in a pickle because by the time I get a different car will my Impreza have been delivered?

I feel bad about whining on the internet, but I don't feel like Subaru or my dealer is really helping out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blueimp is offline   Reply With Quote