View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #3984
eastofthesunrise
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329379

Anyone who read my last post might be asking what the heck a 1949 Cadillac has to do with modern Subaru's on the eve of the year 2013? For me it was the first mile of a long road that ended up in the parking lot of a Fitchburg restaurant with me driving an Impreza and meeting some of you. I want to share the evolution of my thinking which brought me to a conclusion which you all came to earlier in life. I was hoping that others might list the cars they had formerly owned and thus I could track the their thought process. For some, it may even be their first car in which case I wonder how they were smart enough to buy one without any other prior experience. We can learn from our experiences, both bad and good, and be guided in the choice of our next vehicle. Even as I write this, I am thinking of trading.

My next series of cars promises to be more modern and the 1968 model I will name and comment on was indeed ahead of its time and has become a modern day cult classic among a few dedicated followers. It is one of the few cars I regret ever selling. 1968 was the dawn of the muscle car era. But this two door coup was not manufactured by any of the big three and in its styling was way ahead of it's time. After over forty years it would blend in well at any of our meets and not look dated IMO. Here's a clue for any history buffs out there. The car I'm describing had a distant relationship with Mitt Romney's father. Can you guess what the car was?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.