Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
batrob
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 108073
Vehicle:
2004 sti
blue of course

Default 2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca transmission error codes

Hi all fellow Tribeca lovers, I hope your days are going well.
I am getting trans error codes this week
po700 trans control system malfunction,
po741 (pending status) torque converter CKT performance or stuck off,
po768 shift solenoid D circuit electrical.
This is my fabulous 2007 B9 Tribeca blue special edition. I love this car but its got a lot of miles on it now 105000 and I wish I can keep it one more year then trade it in or sell it for a new one but until then I have this problem and must fix it. I changed the very dirty trans fluid and filter behind the left front fender right after I got the error codes but it made no difference.
Anyone have any experience with this error situation?

Well after much research I found out about all this, the p0700 just means there is an error, the p0741 means the fluid was low, the p0768 turned out to be a faulty connection at the shift solenoid terminal inside the plastic encasing the solenoid body. I removed the transmission control valve body after tracing a partially open circuit for solenoid D made by German bosch 0-260-180-030 bosch told me this was an invalid part number. This part is unavailable separately meaning subaru (or maybe it was bosch's idea) wants you to buy the entire valve body at around $886+tax, I was not about to pay almost 1 grand for a $20 solenoid so I removed it very easily as there is just a retaining bolt it plugs in and I repaired the bad connection replaced it and now I am back on the road.
I made the pictures public here on facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/brett.atenc...96024913850918
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by batrob; 01-09-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: update
batrob is offline   Reply With Quote