View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #87
sdp lgt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 111178

I think Nate will be sending out a more detailed email with the sepecifics - But general we'll check:

battery tie down
oil level
wheels, lug nuts
seat belts
no loose things in car or trunk

As for the track: It is going to be a mix of hard pack dirt, mud, gravel, and sand. It really will test everyone's ability to drive on multiple surfaces. That area of the park is going to be closed off as of Thursday so that they can do final course prep and surface work without worrying about it getting messed up by sunday.

The course today was stil a little rough in places, and very slick, but still driveable as long as you took it easy. It should be in very good shape by Sunday.

I'll have video up soon.

After driving the course today - here are the suggestions I can make:

The course is going okay for any car to drive, however I would recommend

Snow tires, Gravel tires if you've got them... Street tires will work on the AWD vehicles, but you'll be hurting for more traction.

Skid plate: The track will be set up smooth enough that you'll be fine without it, but for anyone who really wants to push the limits of thier car or the track -- you're probably going to want it.

Mud flaps: thier is loose grave and mudl, it will kick up a lot... Bring painters / masking tape to cover up areas of your car if you're concerned about your paint.

Weather forecast - cold. We'll have a fire going, but be prepared to be outside all day...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sdp lgt is offline   Reply With Quote