Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #716
kpluiten
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

A few weeks ago I also installed a hood lifter/hood strut system. I've wanted one of these for a long time and actually bought this setup about 2 years ago. I finally got around to installing it. :facepalm:

The kit is made by Redline tuning and is different compared to about 99% of the Impreza GD kits out there. It requires drilling and I think this turns most off to it, but the kit is very high quality with name brand, OEM quality actuators and powder coated mounts. Their install instructions and support of second to none.

No, the actuators are not chrome, or branded Tein, or wrapped in carbon fiber. They are simple, high quality, rust-free systems and you pay a bit more to get them. Fortunately I found this setup used.

Here is their website: http://www.redlinetuning.com/

For the install you need:
Drill
Drill bits
Rivet gun
Center punch (helps, but not required)
Sockets or Nut driver
Tape measure
Tape
Marker

The screws, rivets and measurements are all provided with the kit. The instructions have full color photos. Nice.

The hood mounts require the drilling of 3 holes for each side. The brackets are installed with rivets.

Rivets placed in holes:

Rivets installed:

The lower mounts require the drilling of two holes and are installed with 2 stainless sheet metal screws per side.

Then you simple install the struts and retention clips and you're ready to go:

Again, mine are a bit scuffed up because they were used and the previous owner was a bit rough with them.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote