Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289920
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezil71 View Post
Do to the fuel filter first. Unless you have a code, it probably isn't the coil packs.

Double check your tune for misfires.

I replaced the coil packs on my bugeye, but I was getting a misfire code, and the code followed the coil when I swapped them around.

If you have the right tools, changing them isn't hard, but you might as well do the plugs too for all the time it will take you (removing the airbox, battery, windshield washer tank).

Be very careful not to overtighten, and make sure the bracket on the back passenger side coil is properly in place (it is a ground as well as a bracket for the 02 wire).
The only reason I think it's the coil packs because I went through some gnarly puddles during hurricane sandy and maybe that finally rusted them or something. But the fuel filter is a cheap fix so I don't really mind doing that. It's just seems like $&@t keeps breaking and I don't even wanna think about it being tune related, that starts at 250$ and I just spent 300$ for new plugs and a leak down test. It just seems when I finally get ahead and want to do an exterior mod this crap happens. (End rant)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CptJoe is offline   Reply With Quote