Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000subie View Post
I wouldn't worry about spool too much. I have a gtx3076r with .63 exhaust housing, on a stock 205 and I'm getting 22psi by 44-4500 rpm. And im making right at 400awhp and that's in Denver. I am rotated and pulling it out to 8k rpm though.
Yeah we will see, I am doing everything possible to make that turbo spool as quick as possible, see if we can make it behave similar to a gt 2871. I wish I had gone rotated from the beginning, I was initially scared off from the price but after adding my build all up I am pretty darn close to a rotated. Of course i was not pricing merely a rotated kit, but felt if i was going to spend the money i wanted to purchase a full race twin scroll kit. I do wish I had gone rotated instead of stock location even if it wasn't the full race twin scroll, I would have been able to use a true Garrett gt turbo with genuine Garrett housings, ease of maintenance and accessibility, plus the direct and easy intake tract (I would have done a 4 inch intake that tapered to 3 inches at the turbo to increase the velocity of the air). Well hindisght is 20/20, I will be doing something very well thought out on my built motor, either full race twin scroll efr setup or a twin scroll low mount turbo.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote