View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 313217
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

I recently traded in my 2011 WRX for a 2013 STi and I'm very happy with my decision.

1. What made you decide to do it?
There were too many things I wanted for one reason or another that the STi already had.

1) First and foremost was the 6 speed transmission. The 5 speed transmission as "robust" as it may be, was just so disappointing. I'm wanting to slowly build the car up and I knew that I'd have to do a 6 speed swap eventually. I figured I might as well get a brand new six speed with a 5 year warranty, wait on mods until the warranty is over.

2) The Brembos. No, I don't need them. They're more just a bling thing at the moment. But I wanted them, and I might as well get them new.

3) Forged 18x8.5 BBS wheels designed for the vehicle. Also, the 5x114.3 pattern. Seems like all the nice looking aggressive wheels come with this lug pattern.

4) All the little bells and whistles that come with the STi. Things like the turn signal lights on the side view mirrors, the STi cluster/steering wheel, the DCCD, the wrinkle red metal intake manifold, and other little things.

2. Are you glad you did?

3. Comparing the 2 cars in daily driver fashion, what pros and cons did you notice after owning both?
The WRX had a softer ride and better gas mileage. The STi is more fun to drive (I'm comparing stock to stock, haha). Will update this as I think more on it haha.

4. Did you really see the 2mpg decrease?
Yes, the difference is very noticeable. Be prepared to stop at the gas station much more frequently. I can't seem to average better than 16.2 mpg. But during the break-in I'm doing about 80% city driving (i.e. stuck in traffic haha).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote