View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 197937
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
2016 Golf R
Under the radar silver

Originally Posted by daigledangle8 View Post
Thank you for the very much for the helpful information. I like seeing actual information too instead of just saying yes its faster. Did you happen to do any mpg testing? Most likely I will be going with 91. I agree with the EL headers to get the most out of the power but I like the rumble and it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make even though it's just sound vs power.
BRR is right, if you go the UEL header route, all your other mods will be fairly pointless from an overall improvement point-of-view, the stock EL header is not bad to start with.
I would (and did) go with a 91 octane tune also, with all the mods I have I would say the mpg is at least as good as the stock car, maybe better.

Originally Posted by DrInline6 View Post
go with
el headers to 2.25 pipe 2.5 is to big!
high flow cats or no cats would be better
91 oct tune
that should give u 15-20 hp
Lt pully waset of money
cams cost to much better off doing a swap
- Yes to EL headers, HFC, 2.25" piping, 91 octane tune.
- The jury is still out on intakes for the 08+ cars, a lot of people have reverted back to stock, myself included. Driveability suffers for the few HP you gain at redline. (Note that I haven't yet tried a tune to account specifically for the intake yet).
- A LW pulley is one of the easiest, cheapest and (probably) safest engine mods you can do. Yes, HP gains are probably unmeasurable but the engine revs a little easier, and (for those with a 4EAT) engine breaking is greatly improved.
- Cams are dirt cheap, a set of Delta 1000s cost around $250, it only gets expensive if you have to pay for the install labour.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NH8991 is offline   Reply With Quote