Thread: The VF48 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #319
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 237713
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
2002 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

I have an 02 wrx 2.0L and just bought a vf48. I'm trying to decide what to do for a tune. It looks like a Cobb access port runs $600 new and a Cobb Pro-tune is $400 so I'd be looking at $1000 to do it right. That seems like a lot to pay especially considering the $400 for a tune is only going to last me until I decide to mod further. My friend has a Tactrix cable that I can borrow and he knows someone he claims can tune the car for me. Does anyone here have experience with street tuning through a Tactrix and if so what words of wisdom do you have about going this route vs getting a dyno tune? I was also wondering if anyone has a similar set-up to me and wouldn't mind sending me their map so I have something to start off with. My mod's are as follows:

stock 2.0L block
05 STI TMIC with y-pipe
07 STI injectors (I believe they are 565cc, same as pinks)
SPT Intake
STI catless uppipe
3" catless TBE
Grimmspeed 3 port ECBS
Walbro 255lph FP

From reading this thread it sounds like I maybe should have gone with DW 650cc injectors. Somebody mentioned the 06 wrx injectors (560cc?) will be running at 97% IDC with this turbo. I plan on getting a wideband O2 sensor so I can monitor my AFR that way if I do toast the injectors I can shut it down before I run lean and kill the turbo. Any feedback on Tactrix cable tuning would be appreciated, and as I mentioned before if someone has a map I can base my tune off of I'd appreciate that as well

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
saundc2 is offline   Reply With Quote