Scooby Newbie

Member#: 222879
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 WRX 60-1/td06h
Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicaddict View Post
This is over kill. Not to sound rude but there is ABSOLUTLY zero need for a six piston caliper on any car unless you expect to be hitting high triple digit speeds on a regular basis.

Pretty sure I spoke with you over the phone and you suggested using the lgt rotors. Iirc you used svx because the lgt dust existsat the time. If you made brackets for the lgt rotors they WOULD sell. Pair that with an h6 rear and you have fade free brakes at the track all day
A 6 piston caliper is pretty cheap and just as easy to mount as a 4 piston. Also just because its a 6 piston caliper doesnt mean its capable of scrubbing speed from high speeds constantly. The 135i and a few others have 6 pistons and the pistons melt if they see hard use.

If i am going to go through the process of upgrading my brakes then the real question is why not?

Calipers are about 500 new or about 700 for Porsche 6 pot radials used
Pads 130 new
Z06 350mm Rotors about 200 new for standard construction or another brand for the Porsche fitment
Custom stainless lines 60 @ hydraulic shop
Rotor pattern re-drill 100 for non STI
Steel brackets 6 hours or so worth of work if they arent radial mounts and less if they are radials.
Hub centric rings for the rotors x2 $30

To me this is just better than spending all that money for Sti Brembos or buying some cheap kit that wont hold to any kind of abuse.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Purpose_Built is offline   Reply With Quote