Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbomeow View Post
would'nt a sti axleback create a bottle neck considering he's going from3" piping to 2.5?

This depends on if you wanna keep the rumble or not, hands down I believe a SPT muffler is the quitest aftermarket one out there, and it keeps the rumble. STI muffler you won't hear the rumble unless ur standing right next to it outside. I had the same problem and just bought a SPT muffler off a 10 wrx sedan and just cut/welded to my own piping. Sounds great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappingcub View Post
From what people have tested, it really depends on the size of the turbo he's running. If it's stock or near stock, doesn't really make much of a difference.

To OP: the stock STI axleback will be the quietest and will mate up fine. IIRC, Grimmspeed has a flange to get aftermarket downpipes to mate with stock axleback easier. It'll be the cheapest and quietest solution
if you guys really knew anything about exhaust flow and the fluid dynamics of the system....you would know that what you now think is true...really isnt...true..about optimum exhaust pipe size...at least for stock location iwg turbos anyway

this whole fantasy about a 'bottleneck' in the exhaust is

actually....REDUCING the diameter of the midpipe between the end of the dp and the beginning of the axleback from 3' to 2.5"(all of the tbe really all needs to be either coated or wrapped all the way back to the muffler can to work properly.....but kiddie boiz dont know anything about thermodynamics or any of all this kinna un k00 stuff cuz it aint k00) creates INCREASED flow as the exhaust gas cools and contracts and slows down in the pipe....but this only really works if you use a straight through design muffler....but decreasing the pipe size actually CAN increase flow....a LOT...if it is done right...like coated and wrapped
but it aint a 3" pipe so it aint k00 and its wrong because it cant be right because math and all that junk

but what do i know about anything, anyway

wives tales and 'common sense' that is just faulty logic is the rule here......but actually knowing stuff aint k00

oh well....keep on keepin on.........
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote