View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #332
Bluto123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337502
Default Update...sorta

So I had previously shared a negative review of my 2012 Impreza HB sport automatic, and wanted to add an update to those who are also disappointed with their mileage.

I switched cars with my wife in early November and have been driving our 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD* v6 since. She likes the smaller subi, and I like the larger santa fe, especially with when I got 28-29 mpg in the Impreza. (*the Santa Fe is essentially a FWD that engages AWD with rear slippage.)

As I mentioned in my first post (in more detail), I am conscious of efficiency when I drive, ~ 75 % of my miles are on an Interstate, and I rarely am in traffic. I have always got good mileage from my cars, including the last one I had, an 09 Versa HB rated for HWY at 33mpg. I averaged 33 - 34 all around with a high of 37.

The update is two parts:
1. I had the car serviced due to recall of a small part. I also requested they look into the mileage and transmission downshifting. They did, and said all was normal and that my mileage may improve as the car breaks in. It has over 4,000 miles now. When I had a one on one with the service guy, he towed the line that my 28mpg was within spec, but did admit my mileage was on the low side given my drive. The mechanics claimed the tranny downshifting is normal.

2. My wife is getting 21-22 mpg from the Impreza. Her driving is more hills and more city driving, though that is still lower than what I thought it would get. She got 19 from her Santa Fe. I now get 24.3 from the Santa Fe (rated 20 - 26), and I drive the Santa Fe faster/harder at times.

I have contacted Subaru and the EPA. If you are disappointed with your Impreza, please do the same.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bluto123 is offline   Reply With Quote