wrxineffect2011
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265035
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
DGM

HALP!

I'll admit...I'm a dumb@ss, but I'm not clear where exactly to bolt that relay...and which direction is up or down.

Can you help a brother out, mid install...?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride View Post
Step 4: Wiring
Plug the make connector on the Subimods harness into the stock horn wire you unplugged earlier..

Next, reach under there and thread the power wires from the subimods harness up into the engine bay as shown:

Remove the lid to the fise box by the battery so you can use a ratchet to remove a bolt holding it to add in the ground wire.. My finger in the pic below is the bolt I used.. easy and good location.. well hidden with the fuse box cover back on.

At this time I disconnected the ground battery terminal (really dont know if that was necessary) and attached the red (positive) subiharness wire to the positive battery terminal and rehooked up the ground.

TEST THE HORNS!! Beep beep!!

If everything is working right there is just one more step..

Step 5: Securing/hiding wires.

Zip tie the subimods harness in the engine bay in a few places to keep it secure... I sent all the excess wire down below to deal with.

Down below.. I zip tied the wired to the metal bracket with the relay as high as possible. Then I used the hole in that metal plate just below the subimods bracket to ziptie the relay in place.. 2 ties one from each side.. hard to see in picture.

[IMG]www.nahc4.com/auto/src/134954128746.jpg[/IMG]

The relay is in a place where water should be minimal since a large plastic grill piece is covering it... and its pointing the correct direction for draining.

Enjoy the final product!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrxineffect2011 is offline   Reply With Quote