NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by bako View Post
I ahve 02 wrx with original pan on it and I have problems on the track. oil is being collected in right cylinder head and then goes out from breather tubes (I'm lucky I vented all to atmosphere and did not let this oil go in intake tract again), even when I ahve 4.5 liter in the pan (I do say nothing about 5 liter of oil in the pan).

so I see 2.5 oil pan with 2.5 oil pickup can help in that. does any 2.5 oil pan suit my needs? even 2.5 NA engine pan/pickup?

I have stock headers also
You have a PCV issue by the sounds of it. As stated, no pan will solve this. There are some good threads going on IWSTI right now. Go take a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuJi K View Post
When you turn oil from the pan will go up and onto the head. That's the issue.
Not nearly as much as most assume. It takes much less lateral force to fill the head vs slosh out of one. A long enough corner will fill the outer head and empty the pan without sloshing out any oil. This is really easy to see for anyone that has an engine/stand. Tip it and you can easily see how much force makes oil pool where and first.

One of these days I'm going to get off my butt and do a full on technical Suby oiling system write-up
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote