Member#: 104901
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Here-here!

I miss the long and low "hearse" look of the days gone by seems like Subaru is catering to the soccer mom who thinks height in a vehicle = safety
Lol I totally know what you're saying about soccer mom types and their idea of safety (so true) and maybe Subaru will get more customers buying the new Forester for that reason. But IDK if they're really catering towards that type per say. I mean they did actually add what sounds to be a nice off road feature with the "X mode function" and from the Japanese test drive videos I've seen it looks like they are trying to push the off-road capability and sportability of it.

I know that I am seriously considering trading my 2012 WRX for one because I really like the looks of the new design compared to older models, I could definitely use the extra ground clearance and cargo space for the off roading I've been doing a lot of lately, yet it seems like it will still drive sporty enough onroad for me. Obviously won't be near WRX performance in that respect, but it seems like it will outperform most of the other compact SUV's in it's price range.

I've never really even considered the Forester of previous gens though because I personally didn't like the boxy square look it had and it didn't seem to have good enough clearance with the overhang to really warrant buying an SUV type vehicle.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
suBooneru is offline   Reply With Quote