Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303906
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver Metalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland04
I totally wouldn't drive with one bolt it. If it slides down you might not be able to get it in first or second gear.

We all had trouble getting this bolt in bit it's doable. You'll need to get one side in just a couple threads then do the other one. I used a deep socket and extension to help pry the bolt over as I got the threads started on the second bolt. Once you get them both threaded in, then start to tighten them. It's definitely tough on jack stands but that's how I did mine so I know it's possible, don't give up man!!

Good luck!!
I was working late on this one last night and ended up with a stripped mounting point. I talked to a local Subaru shop and he said it would be alright to drive as is (obviously no hard shifting/driving) until I can get the car in the shop.

Side note, apparently this happens with the Kartboy bushings from time to time. I was recommended the Group N bushing instead as it has the same metal mount as the factory unit just with a stiffer compound. From what I'm told it makes threading these bolts much easier.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Elky is offline   Reply With Quote