Member#: 339939
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza WRX
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post

d0000000000000d....hawk pads suck real bad

do s LOT more research on this....your dealer makes a LOT of $$$ on hawk which is why they have them
but they suck....really...the hps are just no better than stock really and the hp+ will squeal like and arent worth the hassle

PLEASE do some research before ya shoot yerself in the foot with a lot of wasted $$$ here

and changing rotors wont do **** for ya either....better fluid WILL help....better pads WILL help...rotors wont matter a bit
Thx Uncle Scotty!
The choice felt for the Hawk due to a buddy of mine running endurance races on the Nürburgring and using the pads on their modified M3. He told me already that the pads squeeze and leave powder on the wheels but that they never had issues with the quality.
But you right about the price and maybe also about the "what you get" quality in connection to the price.

But the kind of worn pads as intense98rt is describing I could never reach due to the very early massive vibrations in the steering and pedal. Seems that the brake rotors are distorted at higher temperatures afte 4-5 times hard braking, therefore it might be also the rotors. Idea was to change piece by piece and define the root cause.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
alinschaefer is offline   Reply With Quote