View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
JohnNevets
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 331193
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Camellia Red Pearl

Default where to put Hide a Key/ Locked out yesterday.

Hey folks,

Yesterday I had the unfortunate opportunity to use Subaru's road side assistance plan to open my door when I had it auto lock the doors as I got out to scrape the car while warming up the engine. I can't get it to repeat, but it was an obvious autolock. I unlocked all the doors, through my bag in the back seat, opened the drivers door, leaned in and started the car (I love not having to have my foot on the brake to do this), got out and shut the door, and heard all 4 locks click. But of course now that I'm at home and have a spare key, I can't get this to happen again. I have a call into the dealer to try and figure something out. I guess I will have to roll the window down when I do this in the future, just in case.

Anyway, in the meantime. I'd like to find a good spot for a hide a key, and the valet key, just in case I do something stupid like this again. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm in snow country, so most of the bottom is no good, I used to use the back bumper when I had steel ones on old cars. I never found a good spot on the Jetta I had before, but I didn't look real hard since the autolock didn't kick in until I hit 10mph.

Thanks in advance all,

John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JohnNevets is offline   Reply With Quote