2003 Sonic Yellow
Marginally well behaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccanixx View Post
btw I dig yer bugeye!
Thanks! She's a lot of fun so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyol View Post
You can change the mount...but it has to bolt into the stock location and the bushing cant be offset from the original location.

***^^^Beat me to it***
This is pretty much the same thing i said...offset bushings are not legal.

ALK attaches in the stock location...and is not legal because it relocates the bushing even though it mounts to the stock location. So, again, confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccanixx View Post
Ah I stand corrected 16.1 E

But then thinking you can pick and choose between rule sets. I would choose the *sp bushing language for this paticular mod and leave the mount alone on the cheap if I read that correctly.

Or build control arms with all the geometry you want and use spherical that attach to factory locations. If money is of no interest.

I think I've had this conversation with myself before...
I was gonna ask about 16.1 E up top...but i see you already stumbled across it. It's a slippery slope...agreed. I however, did loose this argument with a protest at one of our Divisional races.

I see what you mean about the ruleset not lining up there...you should be able to use the *SP ruleset and call it a day. I would think as long as the housing remains stock, the bushing should fall under the open bushing rules...but they claim the bushing is the pickup point for the control arm...which isn't wrong either.

Anyone else been involved in a protest or decision on this topic?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Squidz is offline   Reply With Quote